People today are very conscious about their health. There are several types of approaches that people might choose to stay healthy and fit. Consuming low-calorie meals is one of the approaches. It is a simple way to subtract the extra calories. In this article, we will talk about some recipes for low-calorie diets that one can easily be prepared at home.
Low-Calorie Diets: Turkey Meatballs
- 1 slice of onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Yellow pepper
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 to 2 spoons of chili paste
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 300g of cherry tomatoes
- 300g of black beans
- 1 avocado
- 1 spoon of lime juice
- 1kg of turkey minced meat
- 50g of porridge oats
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of coriander
- 2 tsp of rapeseed oil
- Take a bowl and put the minced meat in it.
- Now add the oats, chopped spring onions, and all the spices mentioned above.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Take the mixture on your hand and shape them into small balls
- Take a pan and put the rapeseed oil
- Heat the oil.
- Once the oil is heated, put the meatballs and fry them until they turn golden.
- After frying the balls, take them out from the pan.
- Put the onion, garlic, and pepper in the pan
- After they are fried enough, put some cumin and chili paste, and chicken stock.
- Now put the meatballs once again into the pan along with the tomatoes and beans.
- Cook all of them together in low flame.
- Marinate the avocado chunks in lime juice.
- Take a plate and serve the meatballs with avocado.
Low-Calorie Diets: Salmon With Beans
- 1 whole piece of lemon
- 100g of half-fat crème fraîche
- One pack of tarragon
- 2 garlic cloves
- 300g green beans
- 3 salmon fillets
- Few baby potatoes
- Zest the lemon and cut into pieces.
- Take a bowl and put the crème fraîche, tarragon, lemon zest garlic.
- Mix them.
- Squeeze a pinch of lemon juice on the mixture and mix them again.
- Boil the beans for 3 minutes.
- Once done, drain the water and toss the beans with the above mixture.
- Take a pan and boil the salmon pieces for 10-15 mins.
- Poach the pieces until you are satisfied.
- Now remove the pan from the heat.
- Put the pieces on a platter and serve it with the bean mixture and potatoes.
Broccoli With Avocado Pesto
- 200g of broccoli
- 2 and a half teaspoons of rapeseed oil
- Some chicken breasts
- 1 piece of onion
- 3 raw beetroots (grated)
- 2 teaspoons of nigella seeds
For the avocado pesto
- Basil Leaves
- 1 avocado
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 25g of crumbled walnut
- 1 teaspoon of rapeseed oil
- lemon juice
- Take a pan and pour some water on it.
- Put the broccoli inside the water and allow it to boil.
- Let it cook for some time and then drain the water.
- Put some rapeseed oil on the pan and toss the broccoli
- Once done, allow it to cool.
- Marinate the chicken with oil.
- Cook the chicken for some time.
- After the meat is fully cooked, cut it into cubes.
- In order to make the pesto, take basil leaves, the flesh of the avocado, garlic, lemon juice, walnuts, oil, and some water in a food processor.
- Grind and blend all of them together.
- Pour the remaining lemon juice over the sliced onions and leave for a few mins.
- Take a plate and put some onions along with the broccoli. Put some beetroot and the chicken.
- Serve it with pesto sauce.
- Garnish it with some basil leaves.
Enjoy your meal with these easy but delicious low-calorie recipes at home.